After a long hiatus, JEF Belgium is getting back on track and reviving itself! We hope YOU join us in these exciting times :) JEF Belgium is the youth committee of the European Movement Belgium and the Belgian branch of the pan-European youth NGO Young European Federalists (JEF Europe).
JEF Belgium helps young people (age 16 up to 35) find their place in Europe and offers the ideal combination of “Politics & Fun”. We design a wide variety of activities, such as international exchanges, political campaigns and local actions, for a new and stronger Europe that is able to rise to the cross-border challenges of our interconnected societies. We dream of a Europe increasingly “United in Diversity”, based on the principles of democracy, human rights, the rule of law, subsidiarity and civic participation. We have a clear political voice but are independent from political parties and pursue our objectives autonomously.
Our local sections in Ghent, Leuven and Louvain-La-Neuve (and hopefully soon other places like Liège and Bruges) have strong ties with Belgium’s leading academic institutions and engage a local community. Our Brussels’ section is active in the midst of the beating heart of European politics and seizes the opportunity to build bridges between top-notch EU-politicians and the local ‘Bruxellois’. JEF Belgium serves as a coordination platform towards the grassroots level of our local sections as towards our European dimension.
JEF Belgium is currently going through a transition phase. With the start of the new working year 2015-2016, we want to bring the new generation of Belgium-based pro-Europeans together, so we can share ideas, learn new skills, discuss on Europe’s future and make new friends. These training days are open to ALL: whether you are just curious or already know about JEF, everyone currently residing in Belgium and aged between 16 and 35 is WELCOME!
- When & where: 2 October – 4 October 2015 in Leuven; from Friday evening till Sunday afternoon.
- Who: Young Europeans aged 16-35 interested in Europe and residing (currently) in Belgium!
- How: Through interactive sessions, presentations and brainstorms with experienced and new JEF’ers, experts and you!
- Deadline to apply: We accept participants on a rolling basis until all spots are taken! You’ll get a notification soon after registration.
- Participation fee: ONLY 30 euro for members of JEF / European Movement Belgium and 50 euro for non-members (You can immediately make yourself a member here). This participation fee covers everything except travel fees: accommodation for 2 nights in youth hostel ‘De Blauwput’, all meals and learning materials.
Please find here a sneak peek at the preliminary agenda:
We hope to hear from YOU! See you in Leuven!
JEF Belgium – email@example.com