JEF Belgium will contribute to the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE) through concrete and local actions. In the framework of the Next Chapter Europe project led by JEF Europe and AEGEE, we will organise citizens’ consultations in September 2021. One of them should take place in Mons, the second one in Flanders.
If you can’t wait until then, JEF Belgium and its local sections will be on the streets of Brussels and Liège towards the end of June to collect citizens’ opinions on the future of Europe and transmit these opinions to the Conference. Interested? More information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
But what exactly is CoFoE??
The Conference on the Future of Europe is a citizen-led series of debates and discussions that will enable people from across Europe to share their ideas and help shape our common future. The Conference is the first of its kind: as a major pan-European democratic exercise, it offers a new public forum for an open, inclusive, and transparent debate with citizens around a number of key priorities and challenges.
With this platform, the CoFoE gives the chance to any european citizen to express themselves. Anyone can share their ideas or organize events on several topics involving european citizens, such as the european democracy, the values and rights in the EU or climate change and the environment.
The Young European Federalists intend to have their say during this Conference, especially via the platform where JEF Europe has already submitted federalist proposals to make the European Union more united, more democratic and more efficient. Check out the link below for more information about the Conference and the list of JEF’s proposals which you are invited to share, discuss and endorse! Indeed, the most popular proposals will be more likely to be discussed during the Conference itself! The future of Europe is for us young people to decide so speak up!
- Stronger together: A democratic European Federation
- A more democratic & effective EU: Stronger European Parliament
- Truly European Elections: Transnational EU-wide electoral lists
- A more democratic European Commission: Lead candidates (Spitzenkandidaten)
- Protecting our fundamental values: Mechanism on Democracy, Rule of Law and Fundamental Rights
- Making the EU budget work for Europeans: a Fiscal Union
- Protecting our savings and economy: Completing the Banking Union
- Acting as one: EU as a global actor
- Uniting Europe: Continue the EU enlargement